- 2018: Rizzhel Javier, People and Places Project
- 2017: Museum Creative Team, Celebrate Your Story
- 2015-2016: Wes Sam-Bruce, The Wonder Sound
- 2014: Ingram Ober (You are What You Eat), Marisol Rendon (Draw Me Into Your Story), Amy Mayfield (I Scream for Ice Cream), and Perry Vasquez, (Edible Art)
- 2013: Perry Vasquez (FotoAktion), Amy Mayfield (Flower Power) , Jim Brown (Where did we come from? Where are we going?), David White (Hyper Local News)
celebrating creativity and community
Mass Creativity is a series of artist-led outreach workshops designed to inspire imagination and creativity, and make hands-on art-making accessible to those that might not otherwise have the opportunity to experience it. Each year the Mass Creativity program consists of complimentary workshops in diverse communities in San Diego that take place throughout April-June and culminate in a free all-day event at the Museum called Mass Creativity Day. Following Mass Creativity Day, the Museum continues to work with our artist-in-residence as we commission and develop an installation in the Museum’s galleries inspired by the Mass Creativity participants and communities.
Since its beginning in 2013, the program has reached over 15,000 people, worked with 10 unique artists and partnered with 17 diverse community organizations.
- Casa Familiar – Partner since 2014
- The San Diego LGBT Community Center – Partner since 2014
- Chula Vista Promise Neighborhood through South Bay Community Services – Partner since 2013
- Southern Sudanese Community Center – Partner since 2014
- Made in Paradise Hills with Asian Pacific Islander Community Actions and Skyline Hills Library – Partner since 2018
- Solutions for Change – Partner since 2017
- Barrio Logan College Institute – Partner since 2017
Mass Creativity 2019
This year marks Mass Creativity's 7th year! Seven workshops will take place throughout San Diego and culminate on Mass Creativity Day at the Museum.