Plan your visit
- Children (under 1)
- Children (1+)
- Adults (18+)
- Seniors (65+)
- Military w/ ID
- Museums for All* (EBT/SNAP/WIC)
*Tickets must be purchased in person
Open Days + Hours
We’re open 6 days a week, Monday + Wednesday-Sunday (closed Tuesdays) from 9am-4pm.
Advance reservations or tickets are not required. Tickets can be purchased as a walk-up or online for any day we are open.
To redeem guest passes or discounted tickets, please see the “Guest Passes + Discounts” section below.
From May 20 to Sept. 4, active military families get free admission for up to 6 people in a family through the Blue Star Museums program. Must provide military identification to receive discount.
Safer Play Policy
The Museum is adhering to the following Safer Play health and safety guidelines:
- Masks are recommended for ages 2+
- Social distancing of 6 feet
- Activity capacity limits
- Hand washing + sanitizer stations
We kindly ask that you stay home if you or anyone in your group is feeling sick or has a fever.
Please read our Safer Play Policy and general rules/code of conduct before visiting the Museum.
We believe in the liberation, safety, and support of systemically marginalized groups and identities. As we advance our mission, we are always working toward being a radically inclusive space for all families, all races, all ethnicities, all identities, all abilities, and the most resilient within our communities.
We continue to grow and learn as an organization. We ask that you help us uphold this safe space in the ways you acknowledge and engage with other guests, staff, and friends of the Museum.
Together, we hold ourselves and others accountable and reserve the right to revoke admission or membership to the Museum. Thank you for joining us in creating a future for our children and communities where all can belong.
Visiting during Summer Break?
Summer is here and the Museum will be busy now through Labor Day. Here are some tips to help you plan for and enjoy your visit!
- Museum entry is first-come, first-serve. High attendance is expected.
- To maintain safety and comfort inside the building, please wait in line before beginning your visit. Lines are to be expected in our higher energy play spaces.
- All visitors must check in at the Welcome Desk, including members and those who pre-purchased admission online.
- Members, have your member card and ID ready for check-in.
- The Museum garage fills up quickly! Paid parking is also available at the ABM lot on Island Avenue and Second Avenue. Discount code 8792 gets you 2 hours of parking for $5.
- While we are fans of snacks, we ask that food be consumed in our café area and outdoor park only.
- Please actively supervise and support children in your group. Adults can play in our spaces, too! In fact, we encourage it.
Guest Passes + Discounts
Free admission via guest passes including member guest passes and other guest pass programs is provided on a first-come, first-serve walk-up basis.
Blue Star Museums provides free admission for active military and their families from Armed Forces Day (May 20) through Labor Day (Sept. 4). Must provide military identification at check in.
Limited parking is available in the Museum garage for $16/car (members $8). Garage opens 15 minutes before we open (8:45am) and 15 minutes after we close (4:15pm). Please see Plaza parking attendant before entering garage.
There are public parking lots and parking meters nearby. ABM Parking at 450 2nd Ave. offers a 2-hour discount with code 8792 (not valid during Padres games and other times at ABM’s discretion).
Starting May 1, children under 18 are eligible to ride MTS and NCTD services for free. Learn more about the Youth Opportunity Pass here.
Closest MTS Bus Stops:
1st Ave. + Broadway (Routes 2, 7, 11, 30, 50, 110, 150, 215, 235, 280, 290, 901)
4th Ave. + G St. (Route 3)
1st Ave. + G St. (Routes 11)
join our team
Learn more about the Museum’s volunteer opportunities.
Learn more about the Museum’s job openings.