TITLE: Event Production Staff
DEPARTMENT: Marketing and Communications
REPORTS TO: Sr. Manager, Event Services
TYPE OF POSITION: Part-time, Non-exempt, On Call
SALARY RANGE: $12.50 per hour
SCHEDULE: As Needed
The New Children’s Museum is a new model of children’s museum whose mission is to stimulate imagination, creativity and critical thinking in children and families through inventive and engaging experiences with contemporary art.
The On Call Event Production Staff at The New Children’s Museum (“NCM”) assists in the preparation, set up and execution of special events and birthday parties at NCM. They work to ensure that our clients have a positive, fun, and educational experience. Event Production Staff are part of the Events Services Team in the Marketing and Communications Department, reporting to the Senior Manager, Event Services. Training is provided by Event Services, Visitor Service and Education.
Ideal Event Production Staff candidates are those who enjoy working in a high energy environment, are calm under pressure, can think critically and who thrive in a team setting. An interest and enthusiasm for the events industry is a plus.
Internal and External Events:
- Work with Event Services Lead and Floor Manager as instructed for setting up event area;
- Facilitate client and vendor load in/out including but not limited to tables, chairs, stanchions, signage and sound equipment;
- Work with Event Services Lead to ensure the needs and requests of clients are met throughout the event;
- Provide information about the current exhibition and offer suggestions for engagement to guests;
- Provide consistent, positive and excellent customer service to all vendors, clients, guests and other Museum Staff;
- Maintain a neat, professional appearance, following Museum uniform and grooming policy;
- Clean galleries and studios as needed;
- Troubleshoot visitor issues;
- Ensure the safety, orientation and comfort of guests;
- Communicate with the security and janitorial team to identify safety issues;
- Ensure the safety and cleanliness of all public areas;
- Provide post event feedback to Event Services Lead and Coordinator to ensure accurate follow up with client;
- Attend Employee Training Programs as required;
- Additional duties as required.
- Set up and clean up party
- Communicate the party schedule and content to the birthday party host family upon arrival.
- Assist the birthday party host family with set up, clean up, and time management for the duration of the party.
- Escort birthday party host family to the Welcome Desk at the conclusion on the party to process payment. Ensure that the checkout form is properly filled out.
- Work cooperatively with multiple departments including Operations, Visitor Services, Education and Exhibitions, etc.
- Available to commit to an inconsistent part-time schedule;
- Minimum two years of related customer service work experience;
- Positive attitude and team player;
- Outgoing, friendly manner and solid communicator.
- Bilingual skills a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, see and hear. The employee is required to stand, walk and lift or move up to 30 pounds. The employee must be able to verbally communicate in a concise manner.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The majority of work is performed in a museum environment with a high level of movement and requires observance of safe work practices, fire regulations, and avoidance of falls, trips, and similar office work hazards. Due to the nature of the position, weekend hours will be required.
Please submit your resume along with a thoughtful cover letter that clearly describes how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of this position.