TITLE: Event Production Staff
DEPARTMENT: Marketing and Communications
REPORTS TO: Director, Event Services
TYPE OF POSITION: Part-time, non-exempt, on call, as needed
SALARY RANGE: $13.25 per hour
The part-time Event Production Staff at The New Children’s Museum (“NCM”) assists in the preparation, set up and execution of special events and birthday parties at NCM. They work to ensure that our clients have a positive, fun, and educational experience. Event Production Staff are part of the Events Services Team in the Marketing and Communications Department, reporting to the Director, Event Services. Training is provided by Events Services, Education and Visitor Services and will touch upon customer service, the exhibition and artwork, guest interaction, safety and more.
Ideal Event Production Staff candidates are those who enjoy working in a high energy environment, are calm under pressure, can think critically and who thrive in a team setting. An interest and enthusiasm for the events industry is a plus. This position requires weekend availability and a flexible schedule.
Internal and External Events: (After Hour Events)
- Work with Event Services Lead and Floor Manager as instructed for setting up event area;
- Facilitate client and vendor load in/out including but not limited to tables, chairs, stanchions, signage and sound equipment;
- Work with Event Services Lead to ensure the needs and requests of clients are met throughout the event;
- Provide information about the current exhibition and offer suggestions for engagement to guests;
- Provide consistent, positive and excellent customer service to all vendors, clients, guests and other Museum Staff;
- Maintain a neat, professional appearance, following Museum uniform and grooming policy;
- Clean galleries and studios as needed;
- Troubleshoot visitor issues;
- Ensure the safety, orientation and comfort of guests;
- Communicate with the security and janitorial team to identify safety issues;
- Ensure the safety and cleanliness of all public areas;
- Provide post event feedback to Event Services Lead and Coordinator to ensure accurate follow up with client;
- Attend Employee Training Programs as required;
- Additional duties as required.
Birthday Parties: (During Museum Open Hours, 4-8 hour shifts)
- Set up and clean up party room and party supply spaces
- Meet and greet party host family as well as their guests
- Assist party family with decorations, party schedule, and any add-on art activities
- Provide consistent, positive and excellent customer service to all guests and other Museum Staff
- Work cooperatively with multiple departments including Operations, Visitor Services, Education and Exhibitions
- Ensure the safety, orientation and comfort of guests during the party
- Communicate with the security and janitorial team to identify safety issues or cleanup
- Report resupply needs and provide post-event feedback to the Birthday Coordinator to ensure accurate follow up with client
- Attend Employee Training Programs as required
- Maintain a neat, professional appearance, following Museum uniform and grooming policy
- Additional duties as required
- Available to commit to an inconsistent part-time schedule;
- Minimum two years of related customer service work experience;
- Positive attitude and team player;
- Outgoing, friendly manner and solid communicator.
- Bilingual skills a plus
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, see and hear. The employee is required to stand, walk and lift or move up to 30 pounds. The employee must be able to verbally communicate in a concise manner.
The majority of work is performed in a museum environment with a high level of movement and requires observance of safe work practices, fire regulations, and avoidance of falls, trips, and similar office work hazards. Due to the nature of the position, weekend hours will be required.
Please submit your resume along with three references. Email all three to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Event Production Staff” in the subject line. Failure to provide the requested information will render your application incomplete and not eligible for consideration. Every resume is carefully reviewed, but please note that due to the large number of applications received for each position at the Museum, only candidates whose backgrounds most closely fit the requirements will be contacted directly. We are unable to respond to phone inquiries regarding the status of our recruiting process. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.