TITLE: Event Production Staff
DEPARTMENT: Marketing and Communications
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, Event Services
TYPE OF POSITION: Part-time on-call
SALARY: $11.50 per hour
The part time Event Production Staff at The New Children’s Museum (“NCM”) assists in the preparation, set up and execution of special evening and weekend events at NCM. They work to ensure that our clients have a positive, fun, and educational experience. Event Production Staff are part of the Events Services Team in the Marketing and Communications Department, reporting to the Senior Manager, Event Services. Training is provided by Events Services, Education and Visitor Services and will touch upon: customer service, the exhibition and artwork, guest interaction, safety and more.
Ideal Event Production Staff candidates are those who enjoy working in a high energy environment, are calm under pressure, can think critically and who thrive in a team setting. An interest and enthusiasm for the events industry is a plus.
- Work with Special Events Lead as instructed for setting up event area;
- Facilitate client and vendor load in/out including but not limited to tables, chairs, stanchions, signage and sound equipment;
- Work with Special Events Lead to ensure the needs and requests of clients are met throughout the event;
- Provide information about the current exhibition and offer suggestions for engagement to guests;
- Provide consistent, positive and excellent customer service to all vendors, clients, guests and other Event Staff;
- Maintain a neat, professional appearance, following Museum uniform and grooming policy;
- Clean and stock galleries and studios as needed;
- Troubleshoot visitor issues;
- Ensure the safety, orientation and comfort of visitors;
- Communicate with the Museum’s janitorial team to identify safety issues;
- Ensure the safety and cleanliness of all public areas;
- Assist guests in administering first-aid and complete incident reports;
- Provide post event feedback to Senior Manager, Event Services to ensure accurate follow up with client;
- Attend Employee Training Programs as required;
- Additional duties as required.
- Available to commit to an inconsistent part-time schedule particularly evenings and weekends;
- Minimum two years of related customer service work experience;
- Positive attitude and team player;
- Outgoing, friendly manner and solid communicator.
- Bilingual skills a plus
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, see and hear. The employee is required to stand, walk and lift or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must be able to verbally communicate in a concise manner.
The majority of work is performed in a museum environment with a high level of movement and requires observance of safe work practices, fire regulations, and avoidance of falls, trips, and similar office work hazards. Due to the nature of the position, weekend hours will be required.
Please submit your resume along with a thoughtful cover letter that clearly describes how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of this position. Email to email@example.com and reference “Event Production Staff” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.