REPORTS TO: Maintenance Lead
TYPE OF POSITION: Part-time, non-exempt
- Performs daily building cleaning services prior to opening and throughout the day in accordance with the Building Maintenance Plan.
- Performs daily inspection and cleaning of Park facilities. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Removal of any litter or waste from the park and playground areas.
- Power washing chalkboard, concrete structures, floors and walkways.
- Ensure park is free of vagrants and other safety hazards.
- Performs necessary cleaning and maintenance of the building, park and grounds before and after special events in accordance with the Building Maintenance Plan.
- Performs cleaning and maintenance of interactive exhibits periodically throughout the day in accordance with the Building Maintenance Plan.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One to three years’ experience in Custodian and/or janitorial services.
- Candidate must be dedicated and comfortable working in an environment with children.
- Self-motivated, takes initiative and task oriented.
- Positive attitude and excellent team player.
- Extremely reliable and dependable.
- Good verbal communication skills with the ability to take direction
- Committed to safety and assuring a safe environment for staff and guests.
- Ability to work weekend shifts or holidays, as well extra hours during peak business times and special events.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, see and hear. The employee is required to stand, walk and lift or move up to 30-50 pounds; occasionally lifting up to 100 pounds. The employee must be able to verbally communicate in a concise manner.
The majority of work is performed in a museum environment with attendant noise level and requires observance of safe work practices, fire regulations, and avoidance of falls, trips, and similar office work hazards. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or particles that are toxic or caustic chemicals. Employee may be regularly working near moving mechanical parts. Due to the nature of the position, weekend and early morning hours will be required.
Please submit your resume and three references, along with a thoughtful cover letter that clearly describes how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of this position. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Custodian” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.