do it yourself: marbling
Learn about an art-making technique called marbling and make your own! You can do this simple and fun activity at home with just a few household items.
guidelines + materials
AGE: 6+ years old
TIME FRAME: 30 minutes
- Shaving Cream
- Surface (that can get messy)
- Food Coloring
Learn how to do an art making technique called marbling!
1. Give the shaving cream a shake and put some onto a surface that can get messy.
2. Use the ruler to flatten out the shaving cream.
3. Add a few drops of color to your shaving cream. You don’t need too much, so just a few drops of two colors will do.
4. Use the ruler to swirl the colors together. This will give the shaving cream the marbling pattern. Once you’re done, wipe off any excess shaving cream from your ruler.
5. Lay a piece of paper on the shaving cream and pat gently so it’s laying in the pattern.
6. Lift up the paper and wipe off all the access shaving cream using the ruler and rag.
7. Check out your marble pattern!