Help provide access to arts, creativity and play to children and families throughout San Diego! Proceeds from Studio 200: Be the Art help fund our many access programs, which help to bring over 25% of our annual visitors the opportunity to visit at little to no cost to them. Fund a need below to further support the Museum’s access programs.
Fund a Need
pARTners in Creativity
Through pARTners in Creativity, we provide educational experiences with art for children and families in underserved areas, with disabilities or other life challenges. We have over a dozen partners, including The Monarch School, Voices for Children and Support The Enlisted Project (STEP).
- $250 – Facilitated play session
- $750 – Full Museum visit
- $2,500 – Three months of programming
Museums for All
Museums for All provides deeply discounted admission (currently $1/person) for those receiving government assistance (EBT, SNAP, WIC benefits), which encourages families of all backgrounds to visit museums. In 2022 we expect up to 20,000 people to visit through this program.
- $150 – Access for two families
- $300 – Access for four families
- $1,250 – One full day of access
Accessibility Mornings provide children with disabilities and their families the opportunity to explore the Museum in a quieter setting an hour before we open to the public. The frequency of these special mornings in 2022 will be based on our funding (i.e. monthly or quarterly).
- $400 – Serves 25 people
- $1,750 – Serves 100 people
- $8,000 – Funds full year of programming
Discover & Go Library Program
San Diego Public Library recently launched a new program whereby cardholders can reserve a pass to visit our museum for any specific date that we are open. The pass covers admission for 2 adults and up to 6 children (8 people total).
- $250 – Access for 2 families
- $750 – Access for 6 families
- $2,500 – Access for 20 families
The Museum hosts weekly toddler programming supporting healthy bodies and minds with music, movement and social play. Toddler Time is free every Friday morning with sessions at 10am and 11am.
- $250 – One week of Toddler Time
- $500 – Two weeks of Toddler Time
- $1,000 – One month of Toddler Time
We provide free admission to military families through the Blue Star Museum program during the summer (from Armed Forces Day to Labor Day) as well as discounts on daily admission and annual memberships.
- $150 – Two military families
- $500 – Five military families
- $1,250 – All military families for one day at the Museum
Thousands of children will visit in 2022 for school visits where they will enjoy guided or self-guided tours and art-making activities. Over 60% of visiting school groups have Title 1 status and visit the Museum free of charge. We will also continue to offer virtual school visits through videos and pre-assembled kits.
- $150 – Virtual visit for one class
- $500 – In-person visit for one Title 1 class
- $1,000 – In-person visit for two Title 1 classes
Paint + Clay
Paint for our giant “painted object” and blocks of clay for sculpting are available every day to visitors at no charge. We go through over 1,500 gallons of paint and 24,000 pounds of clay each year.
- $250 – One week of paint
- $500 – One month of clay
- $1,500 – One month paint + clay
Our goal is to provide scholarships for 10% of our summer camp attendees — up to 20 campers (2 or 3 per session).
- $400 – Camp for 1 child
- $3,200 – Camp for 8 children
- $8,000 – Camp for 20 children