$300 for members/$350 for non members, for up to 25 guests; $14 for each guest after that.
birthdays at the museum
What We Offer
- Museum admission for your entire party
- Special party room for 2 hours, up to 50 guests
- FREE parking for the birthday family (1 car)
- One free admission pass for each child in attendance to come back to the Museum at a later date ($14 value per pass)
- Dedicated birthday party facilitator
- $300 for members/$350 for non members, for up to 25 guests
- Additional charge of $14 for each guest after 25 guests (Children under 12 months are FREE)
- Maximum number of guests is 50*
- Military families receive a 10% discount
- Party activities can be added for a flat-rate and non-refundable fee of $50. Please contact email@example.com for the current activities.
- Goody bags can be purchased for $3/bag.
- Our cafe Bean Sprouts now offers catering for Museum birthday parties – including a free taste testing to help you decide what you want to order.
- Or feel free to bring your own food – or go to a nearby restaurant from our Neighborhood Guide.
- Please bring your own cake – but note that we do not allow smash cakes.
*Please contact us for pricing for parties of fewer than 10 or greater than 50.
Reservations and Other Details
Ready to book your party? Please complete the date/time request form below. If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 619-795-1174 and leave a message.
Please allow two business days (Monday – Friday) for a staff member to follow up on your inquiry.
Yes, $100 secures your date and time, which will be credited to your party total after the event.
Yes, you are welcome to bring your own food, cake and non-alcoholic drinks. Our cafe Bean Sprouts is also available to cater your birthday party. We do not allow outside caterers to come onsite (no sternos, chafers, crock pots or anything that may require power). Refrigeration and heating are not available.
We allow parents in 15 minutes prior to the party for set up and 15 minutes to clean up.
No. We do not allow balloons in the Museum.
The Museum offers limited parking in our garage, which can be accessed from Front or Union Streets at a cost of $15 per car (weekend rate). In addition, metered parking is available in the surrounding neighborhood and there are numerous public parking lots in the vicinity of the Museum. The birthday family gets one free parking spot.
Everyone over 12 months old. That means parents too! Remember, we can only accommodate up to 50 people in your party. If you have more than 50 people, we will connect you with our events team.
Members are included in this price.
There is a $50 discount for members. If you’re not a member, join now and save! Memberships start at $105.
Our branded Museum goodie bags come with an eraser, bubbles, pencil, crayons, and a Museum guest pass (a $14 value). You can add these to your party for just $3/bag!