Happy September, everyone! Backpacks have been purchased, books have been ordered and back to school has officially commenced. The Museum wants to give a huge congratulations to all the new little students out there and best wishes to all those returning students. Here’s to a great school year for all!
A new month means a new member family to spotlight! Meet our September Member Spotlight family- Leadrice Hunter, Eric Moten and their two daughters Eva and Nylah!
1. Do you remember the first time you visited the Museum?
Our first visit to the children’s museum was in September 2013 when my older daughter Nylah was only 9 months old. She liked the infant area upstairs so I knew this would be a good place for her when she got older she is 3 now.
2. What are your favorite things to do at the Museum?
My daughters love to draw and paint and they love the indoor playhouse.
3.What’s the best/funniest memory you have at Museum?
Watching the girls make clay donuts and then thinking they were ok to eat after they dried in the sun!
4. What is your favorite spot for lunch in San Diego?
My daughters love Corvette diner.
5. Who would win in a Karaoke contest?
I think it would be Eva because she loves to sing. Nylah is the dancer.
6. Quick! What are the first words you think of when I say New Children’s Museum?
Very creative and fun.
7. Favorite weekend activity (besides visiting us, of course)?
My girls love the public libraries; and Belmont park at Mission Beach