do it yourself: museum paper model kit
You and a friend can assemble a model of The New Children’s Museum with our new Paper Model Kit! Just follow the easy instructions for cutting and folding patterns and build your very own toy-sized Museum model.
The kit contains two Museum models, which can be purchased for $9.99 in our Museum Pop Up Shop! Recommended for ages 6 and up! The assistance of an adult may be needed for ages 6 to 10 years old.
Museum Paper Model Kit
Watch this short video on how to make the Museum Paper Model Kit!
guidelines + materials
AGE: 6+ years old
TIME FRAME: 2 hours
- The New Children’s Museum Paper Model Kit
- Pen or bone folder
1. Cut the parts from the cards—follow the red line on the reverse of the card as a guide.
2. Score the cutout to make a nice easy fold—place a ruler close to the green dotted line and run a pen or a bone folder along it (optional).
3. Fold along the scored line—be sure to hold the part with the picture facing up.
4. Glue the grey tab numbered 1 and place a white tab numbered 1 over it. Press both tabs together until stuck. Glue all the other parts likewise.
5. Assemble the parts together as shown in the instructions. Attach the palm trees to the front side. Be sure to sign your masterpiece!