do it yourself: Leporello Book
guidelines + materials
AGE: 6+ (with adult support)
TIME FRAME: 60 minutes
- 2 Cardboard pieces
- 2 Half sheets of newsprint
- 3 Sheets of multimedia paper (cut to size)
- Glue stick
1. Create Your Covers Part 1: Take a piece of cardboard and cover one side with glue. Then place the cardboard (glue side down) onto the middle of a half sheet of newsprint. Repeat this for the second piece of cardboard and half sheet of newsprint.
2. Create Your Covers Part 2: Cover the remaining areas of newsprint with glue. Then fold down all sides onto the cardboard. Do this for both pieces.
3. Make an Accordion Fold: Next, use the 3 sheets of multimedia paper to create an accordion fold. Fold each sheet in half then glue the inside half to another sheet until you create an M or W shape. The folded corner of one sheet should be touching the edge of the next sheet.
4. Attach Your Covers: After you’ve created an accordion fold, glue the two covers onto the ends of the accordion. Make sure to glue the sides with the folded corners facing down.
5. Design Your Story: Get creative and draw or write your story on the Leporello pages! Then share your story with others.