Health and Safety Protocols at the Museum (As of 5/18/22)
The health and safety of our visitors and staff is our top priority. We have implemented additional protocols to our already rigorous cleaning schedule and ask that visitors respect these modifications in the interest of Safer Play for all!
- Masks are strongly recommended for visitors ages 2 years and up, but no longer required.
- Some installations may have posted capacity limitations and visitors must wait their turn if an installation is at capacity.
- There are hand sanitizer and hand washing stations for visitor and staff use throughout our spaces. We also encourage visitors to bring their own hand sanitizer.
- We ask all of our guests to use hand sanitizer or wash their hands before entering an installation space and when exiting an installation space.
- Even with these measures in place, we want to remind all guests that COVID-19 is a highly contagious virus largely transmitted through respiratory droplets. There is always a chance of contracting COVID-19 or any contagious disease when choosing to visit any public location.
- Please stay home if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms. We are more than happy to exchange admission tickets for another day if you or anyone in your party is sick.
- a temperature over 100.1
- body aches or chills
- a persistent cough or sore throat
- loss of taste or smell
- flu-like stomach issues such as diarrhea or vomiting
Cleaning Schedule and Modifications
- The Museum’s cleaning products are CDC-recommended for COVID-19 disinfection.
- We utilize an Electrostatic Sprayer for some of our installations and “loose parts.” Some installations may close throughout the day to allow for regular disinfection.
- There are bins labeled CLEAN and DIRTY for art tools such as paint brushes, markers, scissors, etc., which will be cleaned and replenished regularly.
- Our staff will continually monitor and disinfect high-touch spaces throughout the play sessions. Disinfecting products such as sanitizing wipes will also be available for visitor use.
- Restrooms are available on all levels. We ask visitors to follow the posted capacity limitations and adhere to the distance markers on the floor.
- Elevators are to be used by one (1) family unit at a time when possible.
- We encourage guests to keep their strollers with their family unit.
- Lockers are currently unavailable.
General Rules + Code of Conduct
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult caregiver.
- Adult caregivers must stay with their children and are responsible for their behavior.
- Food and drink is not allowed on the Museum floor (in cafe or outside areas only).
- Strollers are permitted throughout the building.
- Service animals are welcome but pets are not allowed.
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere on Museum property.
- Shoes must be worn in the Museum (except in installations where noted).
- Any activity that disrupts our ability to provide a safe, welcoming, family-oriented environment will not be tolerated.
- Offensive or threatening language or physical behavior (hitting/pushing/biting) toward our staff or other visitors will not be tolerated.
- Visitors or groups who do not adhere to Museum rules will be subject to removal from the Museum (without refund).
- Firearms and weapons are not permitted in the Museum.
The Museum reserves the right to refuse admission, revoke membership and/or remove any person for any reason, including violation of the above. The Museum reserves the right to update Museum rules at any time.
All of the safety measures put in place are designed to make the Museum experience safe for our visitors and staff. When you purchase admission tickets or membership to the Museum, we ask that you acknowledge our Safer Play Pledge (Covid safety) and General Rules + Code of Conduct.