COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols at the Museum
The health and safety of our visitors and staff is our top priority. We have implemented additional protocols to our already rigorous cleaning schedule and we ask that visitors respect these modifications in the interest of Safer Play for all!
Visitor and Staff Safety
- All staff and visitors (over the age of 2 years) must wear a mask that covers the nose and mouth while at the Museum (inside and outside). Exceptions will only be made when eating or drinking in designated areas.
- Masks must be worn regardless of vaccination status. There are no exceptions and we thank you for following this important safety requirement.
- Capacity during morning (9am-12pm) and afternoon (1-4pm) play sessions is limited to allow for adequate physical distancing. All visitors and staff are requested to keep at least 6 feet of distance to the best of their ability.
- Distance markers are placed on the floor in areas where lines may form and we ask visitors to keep an eye out for these markers.
- Installations have posted capacity limitations and visitors must wait their turn if an installation is at capacity.
- There are hand sanitizer and hand washing stations for visitor and staff use throughout our spaces. We also encourage visitors to bring their own hand sanitizer.
- We ask all of our guests to use hand sanitizer or wash their hands before entering an installation space and when exiting an installation space.
- Even with these measures in place, we want to remind all guests that COVID-19 is a highly contagious virus largely transmitted through respiratory droplets. There is always a chance of contracting COVID-19 or any contagious disease when choosing to visit any public location.
- Please stay home if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms. We are more than happy to exchange admission tickets for another day if you or anyone in your party is sick.
- a temperature over 100.1
- body aches or chills
- a persistent cough or sore throat
- loss of taste or smell
- flu-like stomach issues such as diarrhea or vomiting
Cleaning Schedule and Modifications
- The Museum’s cleaning products are CDC-recommended for COVID-19 disinfection.
- We utilize an Electrostatic Sprayer for some of our installations and “loose parts.” Some installations may close throughout the day to allow for regular disinfection.
- There are bins labeled CLEAN and DIRTY for art tools such as paint brushes, markers, scissors, etc., which will be cleaned and replenished regularly.
- Our staff will continually monitor and disinfect high-touch spaces throughout the play sessions. Disinfecting products such as sanitizing wipes will also be available for visitor use.
- Every day the Museum will close 12-1pm for deep cleaning between the morning and afternoon play sessions. All visitors are asked to leave during this time.
- Restrooms are available on the Museum’s Main Level only at this time. We ask visitors to follow the posted capacity limitations and adhere to the distance markers on the floor.
- Elevators are to be used by one (1) family unit at a time.
- Stroller parking is unavailable at this time, and guests must keep their strollers with their family unit.
- Drinking fountains are unavailable, but a water-fill station is available near the restrooms on the Main Level. Beverages will be available for purchase outside.
- Lockers are currently unavailable.
Safer Play Pledge
We are excited to welcome our members and visitors back to The New Children’s Museum! All of the safety measures put in place are designed to make the Museum experience safe for our visitors and staff.
We ask that all visitors acknowledge and respect our Safer Play Pledge before purchasing tickets and while visiting the Museum:
By reserving or purchasing admission tickets to The New Children’s Museum, I acknowledge that I am aware of the potential spread of COVID-19. My guests and I will practice proper social distancing while playing in the Museum, good hygiene (handwashing and use of hand sanitizer), wear a mask over our noses and mouths and follow all other directions and health recommendations from NCM Staff.