Review the volunteer agreement and e-sign at the bottom of the page.
1. The Volunteer understands and agrees that this is not an employment agreement, that Volunteer’s services are donated, given freely, and without expectation of remuneration in any form whatsoever, including any rights or benefits that would accompany employment.
2. The Museum agrees to provide the Volunteer with appropriate supervision.
3. The Volunteer understands and agrees that all services performed as a volunteer are under the supervision of the Museum.
4. The Volunteer understands and agrees that the Museum may terminate Volunteer’s services at any time and for any reason, including, but not limited to the following reasons:
- Using or being under the influence of drugs or alcohol while performing volunteer duties;
- Falsified application information;
- Failure to follow directions of Supervisor, failure to complete required training, or failure to comply with Museum policies and procedures;
- Any willful misconduct, gross negligence, reckless disregard for the safety of others, or fraud or criminal acts, or;
- Any other act or conflict that is deemed to be detrimental to the mission, goals and values of the Museum or to the youth and families the Museum serves.
5. The Volunteer is responsible for learning and following existing and new policies outlined by their supervisor.
6. Assumption of Risk and Release of Liability. In connection with Volunteer’s involvement in activities undertaken for, and/or with the participation and support of the Museum, the undersigned volunteer hereby agrees, for his/herself, his/her heirs, assigns, executors, and administers to release and discharge the Museum, its officers and directors, members, partners, funders, employees, agents, and volunteers (“Releases”) from all claims, demands, and actions from any damages and/or injuries sustained to his/her person and/or property as a result of his/her involvement in such activities, whether or not resulting from negligence, to the fullest extent permitted by law. Volunteer agrees to release and hold the Museum and its Releases harmless from any cause or action, claims or suit arising therefrom. Volunteer hereby attests that his/her attendance and involvement in such activities is voluntary, that Volunteer is participating at his/her own risk and that he/she has read the foregoing terms and conditions of release and fully assumes the risk of any activities he/she may perform while serving as a volunteer, including, but not limited to, injury and/or death. Volunteer agrees that he/she will perform activities that he/she is comfortable performing and will follow all instructions. Volunteer also waives the protection afforded by California Code Section 1542, which provides:
A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
7. Volunteer grants full permission for the Museum and their Releasees, to forever use, copyright or publish, in any form, photographs, videos, audios or quotations from him/her for any lawful purposes, including, but not limited to, promotion of the Museum’s activities, without identification of volunteer by name and without compensation.
8. Confidentiality. As a volunteer at the Museum, Volunteer understands and agrees that he/she may work with donor information, staff (including employee, volunteers, interns, etc.) information, visitor concerns and other Museum information which may be confidential in nature. All confidential information, including but not limited to the information of those listed above is to be kept strictly confidential. Volunteer will not discuss this information with anyone who is not directly involved in these areas and will not otherwise use or disclose any of the Museum’s confidential information without the express authorization of the Museum. Volunteer understands that failure to maintain confidentiality may result in, among other things, immediate release. The obligation to comply with this provision continues during the volunteer commitment and indefinitely thereafter.