How and where can I purchase a membership?
– You can purchase any level of membership online through our website, where you can sign up as a member or purchase a gift membership for someone special.
– You can purchase any level of membership over the phone by contacting a member of our Membership team. You can reach us directly at (619) 795-1465.
– You can purchase your membership at the Welcome Desk of the Museum. If you purchase admission and then decide to join, you may apply your cost of admission towards a membership on the same day of your visit by visiting an associate at the Welcome Desk with your receipt. We will happily apply the cost of admission of the number of people that will be on the membership.
How can I buy a gift membership?
You can purchase a gift membership online, over the phone, or at the Welcome Desk. You will need to know the mailing address, phone number, email address and members’ names in order to complete the purchase of the gift membership. Please keep in mind that at least one member must be a child! The membership will be active as soon as the order has been completed.
Do members get a discount on Museum parking?
As a member , you will receive 50% off of the daily rate in our parking garage. These spaces fill up quickly, so be sure to arrive early or in the afternoon when there are fewer guests. There are many other parking and transit options to visit the Museum as well. You can also go green – take a bike, trolley, or bus to get to the Museum!
My guest passes didn’t arrive in the mail with my cards – where are they?
All memberships come with single-use guest passes so that members can invite their friends and family to the Museum. Your guest passes are digital and can be redeemed by telling the Welcome Desk Associate at your time of check-in. If you are not visiting with your guests, your guests will need to simply tell the Welcome Desk Associate that they would like to use a guest pass under your account.
During our Members Only Time, an adult member from the account must accompany the guest in order for them to gain entry, even with a guest pass.
Can I bring a guest during Members Only Time?
Yes, of course! We require that all guests are accompanied by a member in order to attend our Members Only Hours. Guests must pay admission or redeem a member’s guest pass to join you at Members Only Time.
How do I get my membership discount when making an online purchase?
In order to receive membership discounts through our website, you must first register as a member through our online portal by clicking the REGISTER button in the top right hand corner of the webpage. This will require you to fill out your contact information that was provided at the time of your membership purchase. During this process, you will also create a password that you will use to sign in to the portal to receive membership discounts in the future. All member discounts will be applied on the final page before the payment goes through.
What if I forgot my username and/or password to access the member portal?
Your Username is your email address. If you are unsure which email address you registered, please contact the membership department at (619) 795-1465. In the case that you forget your password that you created when registering online, you can request a reset link by following the “Forgot Password” prompts.
What membership benefits do I get at other ACM museums?
The ACM Reciprocal Network is a group of nearly 200 museums open across the U.S. and Canada that reciprocate discounted admission to one another’s members that hold membership of at least $125 in value. Being a part of the ACM Network grants a reciprocal 50% off general admission for up to six people. You can find a full list of participating museums through their website here. Reciprocal privileges do not extend to discounts for gift shop or café purchases, parking, special events, programs, summer camps or birthday parties.
How long will it take for my membership cards to arrive? What if I want to visit the Museum before my cards arrive?
You should receive your membership cards within 2-3 weeks of signing up but will not need them to check in to the Museum. Your membership is active from the moment of purchase, whether purchased online, over the phone, or at the Welcome Desk. All you need to check into The New Children’s Museum is your photo ID.
Where are my children’s membership cards?
Only the adults on the account will receive membership cards since children need an adult member to accompany them at the Museum.
What if I never received my membership cards? What if I lost my membership cards?
If you received an email saying that your cards have been sent but you still have not received them, there are a few reasons why:
– They might still be in the mail! Please allow 5 business days after you receive the email stating that your cards have been sent.
– We may not have your correct or current mailing address on file. It is important to update your contact information if you move so that we can send your membership cards and other important Museum information directly to you. If your mail was returned to us, we will notify you via email and save the returned cards at the Museum. You will be able to pick up your membership cards at the Welcome Desk during your next visit.
– You might have thrown them away! We try to make our envelopes bright and noticeable, but with so many bills and junk mail, we understand that cards are oftentimes tossed out.
As a nonprofit, we have very limited funds allotted to printing and mailing membership cards. If none of these situations applies to you or if you have lost your membership cards, we are happy to handwrite you new membership cards that will work exactly the same way. Otherwise, we offer card reprints for $5 per card.
How can I update my member information? Can I change members on my account or make an upgrade to my membership?
You can update minor changes to your account, such as a new mailing address or phone number, at the Welcome Desk. You can make other member changes and upgrades to your membership by contacting our Membership department at (619) 795-1465 or email@example.com.
Do members have to check in? Do I have to wait in that line to access the Museum?
Yes, members will need to check in at the Welcome Desk each time they visit The New Children’s Museum. When staffing allows, we try our best to have a separate Members Only line in an attempt to make the wait shorter for our members to get into the Museum. If a Membership line is unavailable, members must wait in the general entry line in order to access the Museum.
I am moving/I rarely go to the Museum and want to give my membership to a friend. Are memberships transferable or refundable?
All memberships to The New Children’s Museum are nontransferable and nonrefundable. Even if your membership goes unused, your purchase continues to fund the Museum’s mission and access programs.