This year’s Educators’ Night Out was a hit! On October 25, 2016, educators and arts-advocates explored the newest Museum exhibition, The Wonder Sound, and visited community partner booths featuring information on school field trips, teacher training and in-classroom education. The evening also featured live performances, art-making workshops and light refreshments. Admission for educators and their families was free! Check out event photos from 2015 and 2014.
- Hands-on art projects and lesson plans to take back to the classroom
- Live performances and demonstrations from community partners
- Access to our brand new Museum exhibition, The Wonder Sound.
- Opportunity drawings featuring goods and services from our partners
- Appetizers and beverages generously provided by Festivities Catering & Special Events and Toast Catering.
Community partners presenting educational resources, including:
- AERO – Arts Education Resource Organization
- Artist & Craftsman Supply
- Arts for Learning San Diego
- Blick Art Materials
- California Ballet Company
- Classics 4 Kids
- Discount School Supply
- Include Autism
- La Jolla Playhouse
- Living Coast Discovery Center
- Malashock Dance
- Museum of Making Music
- Outside the Lens
- San Diego History Center
- San Diego Public Library
- Suzie’s Farm
- The Ecology Center
- The New Children’s Museum Playworkers
Subscribe to the Museum newsletter to stay up to date on educator resources and Museum happenings. More information coming in summer 2017.
Thank You to Our 2016 Educators' Night Out Sponsors
Donald C. and Elizabeth M. Dickinson Foundation, Rice Family Foundation