This year’s annual Educators’ Night Out took place on Tuesday, October 23 from 4-7pm.
This free and fun event showcased opportunities and resources available to classrooms throughout the county and offered teachers an opportunity to gather new, innovative teaching resources. Educators and their families were able to explore the Museum’s latest exhibitions, learn about educational opportunities at The New Children’s Museum, and visit community partner booths with information on school field trips, teacher training, and in-classroom education.
Following the 4-6pm resource fair, educators had an additional opportunity to attend a post-event presentation from 6-7pm on Creating Inclusive Environments. Nili Mathews, Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist, of the worldwide organization Kids Included Together (K.I.T.) provided attendees with an introduction to inclusion and discussed how to go about creating environments in which young people with disabilities take part as full participants.
Admission for educators and their families was free! Be sure to stay tuned for 2019’s E.N.O.
- Hands-on art projects and lesson plans to take back to the classroom
- Live performances and demonstrations from community partners
- Access to the Museums exhibitions and studios including the new Community Gallery, No Rules…Except, and Sketch Aquarium
- Opportunity drawings featuring goods and services from our community partners
- Light refreshments to enjoy while mingling with fellow educators
- An additional post-event presentation from 6-7pm on Creating Inclusive Environments by Nili Matthews. Seating is limited.
- Community partners sharing educational resources such as school field trips, teacher training, and in-classroom education. Here is a list of community partners that will be participating at the event:
- Art = Opportunity
- Artist & Craftsman Supply
- Arts for Learning San Diego
- Blick Art Materials
- Classics 4 Kids
- Kids Included Together
- La Jolla Playhouse
- Living Coast Discovery Center
- Outside the Lens
- San Diego Public Library
- The New Children’s Museum Playworkers
- Words Alive
Subscribe to our educators emails to receive other teacher resource updates.
thanks to our 2018 sponsors
Additional Education Support provided by:
Autsim Speaks, Fox Foundation, Rice Family Foundation, David C. Copley Foundation, Hervey Family Fund at the San Diego Foundation, Price Philanthropies, Nordson Corporation, Pacific Life Foundation, KIND, REA Charitable Trust, Hearst Foundations, County of San Diego, Darlene Shiley, California Arts Council, ScholarShare529