This year’s annual Educators’ Night Out takes place on Tuesday, October 23 from 4-7pm.
This free and fun event showcases opportunities and resources available to classrooms throughout the county and offers teachers an opportunity to gather new, innovative teaching resources. Educators and their families will be able to explore the Museum’s latest exhibitions, learn about educational opportunities at The New Children’s Museum, and visit community partner booths with information on school field trips, teacher training, and in-classroom education.
Following the 4-6pm resource fair, educators will have an additional opportunity to attend a post-event presentation from 6-7pm on Creating Inclusive Environments. Nili Mathews, Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist, of the worldwide organization Kids Included Together (K.I.T.) will provide attendees with an introduction to inclusion and discuss how to go about creating environments in which young people with disabilities take part as full participants.
Admission for educators and their families is free! Be sure to RSVP by October 19, 2018.
- Hands-on art projects and lesson plans to take back to the classroom
- Live performances and demonstrations from community partners
- Access to the Museums exhibitions and studios including the new Community Gallery, No Rules…Except, and Sketch Aquarium
- Opportunity drawings featuring goods and services from our community partners
- Light refreshments to enjoy while mingling with fellow educators
- An additional post-event presentation from 6-7pm on Creating Inclusive Environments by Nili Matthews. Seating is limited.
- Community partners sharing educational resources such as school field trips, teacher training, and in-classroom education. A list of community partners coming soon!
Subscribe to our educators emails to receive other teacher resource updates.
thanks to our 2018 sponsors
Additional Education Support provided by:
Autsim Speaks, Fox Foundation, Rice Family Foundation, David C. Copley Foundation, Hervey Family Fund at the San Diego Foundation, Price Philanthropies, Nordson Corporation, Pacific Life Foundation, KIND, REA Charitable Trust, Hearst Foundations, County of San Diego, Darlene Shiley, California Arts Council, ScholarShare529