Got 80s/90s nostalgia on the brain? Have flashbacks of yourself wearing Fila’s or Reeboks, watching Saved by the Bell, and snacking on cheez balls?
If so, participate in The New Children’s Museum’s one night art show: 80s/90s Pop Culture during our Drink, Play, Create: Flashback Friday party on Friday, April 7. Local artists 21 + up are encouraged to propose a 2D artwork in the open call. See requirements below.
NO FEE: If approved you will just be asked to pay $20 for you Drink Play Create ticket AND after party admission.
Your fee is tax deductible and is considered a donation to the Museum.
Open Call: Up to 50 submissions will be accepted for the show.
• Artist must be 21 years or older to submit to the open call.
• Artwork must be no larger than 12” x 12”.
• Artwork must be 2D.
• Artwork must be done on paper.
• Artwork must be inspired by the 1980s and 1990s eras and in the theme of 80s/90s Pop Culture
• Artwork must be able to be hung
o Art work will be hung by Museum Staff with tabs made from reversible archival hinging tape.
• Artwork must NOT be framed
• Artwork must be mailed or dropped off to the Museum by Monday, April 3. No exceptions.
• Artwork must be picked by Friday, April 14. No exceptions.
o The Museum will discard any artwork that is left at the Museum after Friday, April 14.
• Artwork is not allowed to be sold at the event. Artists are able to provide their business cards at the event should a guest be interested in purchasing the artwork after the event.
The Museum reserves the right to deny artwork if it is deemed discriminatory or offensive in nature. The Museum is not liable for any damage that might result from display or presentation during the event.